Things I’ve learned from American movies
Recently I’ve started to notice how media shapes us, the way we think, the way we feel, the way we see the world.
And I think what we consume is so important since it shapes what gets to come out of us.
And so I started to think about books, music, movies and pointed out lessons that I’ve got from each. And how they have shaped how I see the world, what I know about the world, what I think about certain people and etc.
This is gonna be a series because I’ve watched movies from India, Nigeria, Korea, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, South Africa and so many other countries, I hope you also share in the comments things you have learned from movies from these places as well.
Today I’m gonna start with American movies since I’ve consumed a lot of Hollywood products, and from them here is what I’ve learned about America, the world and life in general;
– Don’t mess with America, or any other country, Americans will come after you
– Young people in their twenties live however they want (irresponsibly) and still get to achieve their dreams.
– Americans think about saving the world a lot and they get to do that because everywhere else in the world is trash and so they bring justice.
– America is the most powerful nation in the world, they have resources, they see what everyone from everywhere is doing, they are powerful, no other country compares to her.
– It’s hard for black people in America.
– Americans are sexually liberated.. One night stand is just a normal thing. And you can watch sex scenes with your family I guess cause most movies have them
– There is so much pressure when it comes to beauty.
– They are adventurous, they leave everything behind to go and discover themselves or just go wherever.
– Americans love and are advanced in technology and robotics
– Americans are obsessed with how the future will look like.
– The terrorist are usually Russians, from the Middle East and sometimes Africa.
– The Middle East has a lot of issues especially with their leadership and America is always giving a helping hand to the opposing sides so that they can solve the issues / overtake the government.
Okay, those are some of the lessons that I’ve learned from Americans movies, that I could come up with for this post.
I know there are so many lessons, so share with me what you have learned from American movies as well.
Share this post with your friends:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)