What faith during Coronavirus looks like
I was supposed to write this post last week, but I kept on postponing, because I didn’t feel like I was the right person to write about this, or that this is the right thing to write, now.
As a person who has been through a season of doubting my faith, I don’t think someone coming forward and telling me how I was supposed to respond or show faith during that season was helping me.
I was drawn to people who aknowledged what I was going through, who saw me.
The verse that was so helpful during that time, was Mark 9: 24
“Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!”
And also when John sent His student to ask Jesus, in Luke 7:19
“and he sent them to the Lord to ask him, “Are you the Messiah we’ve been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?”
The reason I love these verses, is because these people took their fears to God. Not to human beings. John, was a person who prepared a way for Jesus, He was ‘supposed’ to know better but John sent his disciples to ask Jesus this question and Jesus in His mercy responded to this question.
Dear Christians, it is okay if in this pandemic all you feel like doing is asking hard questions, if all you feel like doing is crying, if you are scared, fearful and not sure. But take these feelings to the right place. He is the one who has answers. He is the Answer. You don’t have to act, just be.
~ John Piper
I think it is better for those who are in this season of doubt to be close to those who are not. Aren’t we all one body?
In the beginning of this pandemic, I had more questions than hope. Now I can say I have a little hope.
I also believe faith right now looks like;
– Knowing that God is all knowing, nothing is a surprise for Him
– Knowing that He is our saviour, He is able and He has always come through for us
– Praying for our communities, our countries and our world.
– Sharing the good word of God that is filled with hope to everyone (while taking precautions, virtually will be better)
– Aknowledging what is going on and taking precautions to protect your health and your neighbors (this is also love).
– Checking on our believing and non believing friends, and walking together in this journey. Knowing that this too shall pass. Outbreaks like this have happened before, and this too shall pass.
– Knowing that God is with us now. He is going to redeem us.
Sometimes we act like what is going on in our world is new, yet the Bible is clear that nothing is new under the sun.
Sometimes we act like God is never there, or He is not in control. But the truth is He was the fire by night and clouds by day to the Israelites, and He is still here with us too..
Sometimes we act like we can solve every issue ourselves, we can bring the solution, we can do A, B, C and so and so will dissapear, but time and time again we are reminded that we are not that powerful.
Maybe in this season faith looks like coming together, crying together and believing in His power to redeem us.
I should leave you with one question that the preacher asked me today, ‘ How does God wants me to respond in this anxious time?’
What does faith look like to you now?
Share this post with your friends:
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)